About Me

My photo
I am basically a unplanned bob and generally easy-going. I adhere to Scientific Principles, and I am a skeptic. I tend to talk about a lot of things, and have opinions about everything I saw. I try to be straight-forward so when I say something, people will understand. I can talk sporadically. My thoughts jump around, and I’ll say whatever is there. Perhaps this will be confusing, perhaps it will not. I’m a Half-atheist. What does this mean? Exactly what it says. It does not mean I will go on rampages against religions. However, when I disagree with something, I will say so and I will say why. Sometimes, what I have to say may seem offensive. Please know that it is not my intent to offend. This is, however, my space and my freedom of speech, and I write about whatever is on my mind. More on that, I love talking to people having intelligent discussions. I’ve been known to not keep in touch with someone across the hall while talking at great length with someone across the country. The difference lies not in personality, but in the ability to converse.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Keys in Brain

Keys in Brain

15161845

In September 2008, 17-month old Nicholas Holderman, from Kentucky, made an astonishingly fast recovery after a freak accident where the toddler had a set of car keys impaled to his brain. The toddler was playing with his two older brothers when he somehow fell upon the keys. One of the keys pierced his eyelid and made it all the way to his brain. The parents Staci and Chris, alerted by his scream, went immediately to see what happened and were shocked by what they saw. The mother immediately called 911, and Nicholas was helicoptered to a medical unit. The medical team managed to remove the key successfully, without damage to the brain, and although the eye was ruptured, Nicholas’s eyesight was completely unaffected.

Interesting Fact: A quite similar but less severe incident occurred at a restaurant in Minnesota on July 2007, where an unnamed boy accidentally fell upon the fork he was holding. Fortunately, the fork only went through and out of his nose, and it was successfully removed with little damage to his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nihas Thoughts

Effectiveness is doing the right things.” What’s true for individual managers is also true for organizations, which often squander time and resources trying to improve processes for products not worth producing. The solution? See “abandonment,